Student Flu Study
The Stanford Student Flu Study is seeking Stanford students to take part in a research study of the immune response to influenza (commonly known as "the flu"). We hope to discover new biological markers that are associated with protective immunity due to naturally acquired influenza infections.
The research will be conducted at Stanford University by Harry Greenberg, MD, Mark Davis, Ph.D., Eugene Butcher, MD, and members of their research teams.
- You will answer a short questionnaire over the phone.
- You will give a blood sample at Stanford Hospital two times in the next month
- Volunteers will receive $25.00 reimbursement (gift card) for each clinic visit completed. There will be no costs for participating in the study.
We are seeking Stanford students at least 18 years old experiencing flu-like symptoms, who weigh at least 100 lbs, and who have not had any vaccines within the two weeks prior to your current illness. You need to contact us within 5 days of the start of your illness.
Symptoms of the Flu Include*
- Fever >100o F
- Body aches
- Sore throat and/or cough
- Runny/stuffy nose
*you may not have all of these
For More Information
- Please contact Judy Hall, RN and provide your phone number and the best time to reach you between 8 am – 3:30 pm.
- For general information about participant rights, contact 1-866-680-2906